Best Unix Training in Chennai
Being an operating system, Unix facilitates multi-tasking and multi-user functionality. Unix is exhaustively applied in all forms of computing systems, including desktops, servers, and laptops. There is the presence of a Graphical User Interface similar to windows on Unix that supports simple navigation and support environment. With the help of GUI, utilizing a Unix based system is simple, but still one should be aware of the Unix commands in instances where a GUI is not present. To know about this operating system, enroll in the best Unix training institute in Chennai.
The popular versions of Unix systems are Sun Solaris, MacOS X, and Linux/GNU. A Unix operating system comprises three parts, including kernel, shell, and programs. You will learn about all these when you join in the Unix Shell Script certification training in Chennai. At Aimore Technologies, we focus on practical hands-on sessions and small batch sizes for maximum benefit to the students.
Delving into the popularity of Unix
Unix is present in all type of applications and systems, including iOS, Android, PlayStation, etc.
The primary reason for the popularity of Unix Shell Scripting is its enormous scope. It is a dynamic programming method that can assist you in learning the command line better, eliminate the working with strenuous file management activities, and save time.
Shell scripting is the main thing in making the OS work. With an increasing need for fast processing of massive amounts of data produced by applications, Unix is applied more than ever to substantially decrease the turnaround time for the job.
Unix made the idea of software as tools popular. It also popularized the idea that having a plethora of tools and toolsets around to create other software is much simpler and intuitive than writing massive standalone programs that wastes a considerable deal of time in writing something already present.
Career scope of Unix
Those aspirants who should deal with server technology and administration should learn Unix and be accustomed to its commands, use cases, etc. Specifically, those who take care of Linux or Ubuntu systems or even those who are keen on entering big data analytics should learn the application of Unix. There are simple applications of Unix commands including pwd, dir, passwd, etc. which should be known to computer enthusiastic. Enroll in the Unix training in Chennai and know more about the uses of Unix.
Some of the job roles that you can land up with Unix skills are:
Systems Engineer- Unix/ Linux
Unix/Linux Engineer System Administrator
Unix skills can assist IT professionals move into lucrative domains, including ETL Development/Testing, Java development testing, big data, and Hadoop development/testing, Unix SQL production support, etc. You can also opt for the additional option with shell scripting, including Unix Systems administration, to get excellent job opportunities.
Prerequisites for Unix training course in Chennai
Basic knowledge of networking
Acquaintance with software package
Who can attend Unix shell script training in Chennai?
BE, BTech, ME, BCA, MCA
System and application programmers.
You can understand the concepts easily through our expert teaching. We also concentrate on placement assistance.
Unix is reputed for its philosophy. The primary cause of Unix’s success is its design philosophy. It was created keeping in mind a few guiding principles that were simple to comprehend and implement.
One interesting thing about this philosophy is that it makes each program perform one thing well. For achieving a new job, you should create fresh rather than complicate old program by including new features.
Don’t mess the output with extraneous details. The key is not stressing on interactive input.
The programs should be in a position to function together effortlessly. Here, the inputs and outputs are generally text. This was also one of the guiding principles.
Due to its design, Unix was in a position to run efficiently on several different computers. It was reputed for being interactive due to the nature of programs to be relatively small and straightforward to make use of. Since all these design choices paved the way to Unix to turn out more intuitive, it was widely embraced in the computer world.
Future scope of Unix
Nowadays Unix and its derivatives compose the majority of operating systems that are presently in use, and its popularity continues to increase as the demand of open-source software expands. Unix or Linux based systems are initiating most of the infrastructure you apply. Network management, banking, telecommunication, security, etc. are the domains where Unix and Linux based computers are profoundly deep-rooted in production. Call Aimore Technologies today to take your career to a new level with Unix.
UNIX SHELL Scripting Course Syllabus
- Basics of computer applications
- Unix Course Introductions
- Course Summary
Unix Commands :
Processing & Listing
- Processes and Directories
- Displaying Processes – ps
- Displaying Directories – ls
- Getting Help – man
- Simple Commands used for processing
- Using Wildcards
File Creation and Displaying
- Creating files – using > symbol
- Redirection – using >> symbol
- Redirecting Input – using < symbol
- Displaying Files – cat, more
- Piping – using | symbol
- Word Count
- Sorting a file
- Removing duplicates
- Using Head and Tail command in files
- Creating directory
- Moving files to directories
- Copying files to directories
- Changing directory
- Removing files and directories
- Special Files – . and ..
- Creating Aliases
- Using Aliases
Cut and Paste
- Displaying selected characters – using cut
- Displaying selected fields – using delimiters
- Displaying selected files – using paste
- Using paste with delimiters
GREP and EGREP
- Displaying content of the file using GREP
- Displaying content of the file using EGREP
- EGREP Meta-character
- Back Referencing concepts
ZIP & TAR
- Zipping a file
- Unzipping a file
- Combining a set of files using TAR
- Extracting TAR file
- Using TAR with ZIP
- Searching for a file – using find
- Finding List of files and directories
- Finding Last modified files
- Find with -exec
- Find with -xargs
- Using /dev/null
- Foreground Jobs
- Background Jobs – &
- Stopping Jobs – kill
- Changing Permissions – chmod
Introduction to Shell
- Basics of Shell
- Set and Unset a variable
- Displaying – using echo
- Using Expr
- Using Test
- Getting input – using read
- Header file of shell script – using Shabang (#!)
- Sample Shell script program
- Assigning a command to a variable
- Storing output to a variable
- Assigning global value – using Export
Command Line Arguments
- Passing input in runtime.
- Using input inside a program
Conditional & Looping Statement
- Using if statement
- Using if –else statement
- Using Nested if statement
- Using ‘While’ Loop
- Using ‘Until’ Loop
- Using ‘For’ Loop
- Using CASE
- Creating a function
- Calling a function in file
- Calling a function in another file
- Replacing values in a file
- Sending an email – using MAIL
- Vi Editor
- Basics of AWK
- Displaying values – using awk
- Using awk in Shell script
- Scheduling a job – using ‘Crontab’
- Scheduling a job – using ‘at’
Advanced Shell Scripting
- Monitoring a file
- Extracting data from HTMl/XML file
- Connecting MYSQL to Shell
- Running SQL queries from Shell Script
- Generating a report and storing in a file